Lieghland is a separate parish within the benefice; the ancient chapel of St Giles was demolished in 1865 and replaced with the present church. This friendly hamlet is part of a farming community, and is connected socially with the village of Roadwater nearby and the neighbouring sister parish of Treborough.
The church can be accessed on one level. Gluten free wafers are available in services (please let somebody know beforehand if possible). Currently there is no toilet, but plans are in place to install one soon. The tradition is broad at St Giles’ with room for a variety of Christian traditions, which we try to reflect in our worship.
Holy Communion service with hymns
Normally every first and third Sunday at 11.15AM
(please check Diary & Services page to confirm)
Map and Directions
Incumbent: The Revd Kenneth James CROSS
Diocese: Bath & Wells
Archdeaconry: TAUNTON (513)
Deanery: EXMOOR (51303)
Benefice: Old Cleeve Leighland and Treborough (01/296 W)
Parish Legal Name: Leighland (510468 )
CofE Church Info: (601468 1/468)